Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

A Window Into "Our" World

Below you will find pictures of my classroom from the beginning of the year. Note how nice and neat everything is. LOL. Rest assured things are not this neat now. LEARNING has and still is taking place and our classroom shows it.



Both of these pictures are from the same wall.  My calendar is complements of my CRICUT, which I love.  The wonderful rainbow board is my Ag in the classroom board. 
A "close up" of the Ag board.  We share facts that deal with agriculture and connect them to every subject throughout the day for review and enrichment.


Our "Wall of Fame Georgia".  I love this wall.  We have already filled half of our frames with the photos of famous Georgians we have learned about this year.
Mathletics.  This is a place that I display anchor charts and student work that matches our Common Core standards in Math.




Above is our chart for noting when we are revising, editing, and publishing.  The second is an anchor chart we made for the steps of writing.
*************************************************
The next few photos all deal with writing in our classroom.


 This wall has a spectrum to show levels of writing typical for second grade.  These are all student made samples from previous years.  I use this spectrum to have students rate their writing ever other week. THey write the corresponding number at the top of their page and write two sentences to help me understand why they chose that specific number on the spectrum. Then we conference and I give them a number and explain why it is the same as theirs or different.  This has been a wonderful tool.

ENJOY.  We are so glad you stopped by to visit our classroom.  




2 comments:

  1. I found your blog over at the TpT forum. Just thought I would come check it out! I love the idea of the "math-letes" board! Thanks for sharing!I am your newest follower.

    Leigh
    The Applicious Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leigh. I appreciate your feedback. Thank you also for your words of advice on the forum. I am so excited about the future with TPT and this blog. I am very much enjoying every step of this.

      Delete