Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Pizza Portfolios

So in a previous post I told you I was starting work on my pizza box portfolios.  I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!! Things are going well.  I have some of my pizza boxes, and the others are on the way.  Let's just say, getting pizza boxes minus the pizza takes a sweet smile and multiple trips.  Can't take too many in one visit, they might think I'm weird. :)


I can only imagine what these will look like when my students are able to decorate them next year!! Students are so creative. I truly look forward to the final products.
     Pizza box portfolios have been in my mindset for the past 2 years.  I have been unable to get it underway up to now, and cannot wait to implement them this coming year.  I am in the process of putting together a TPT product that will help anyone put together and implement these fabulous portfolios.


Here is a screen shot of what I am working on to accompany the Pizza Box Portfolios.


 Here are a few sneak peaks.  The first is one of many brainstorm pages for students to document their thoughts before writing. The middle is a story prompt sequence page, and the final is part of the All About Me writing prompt and templates that will be included.  I hope that this perks your interest, and keeps you coming back for more!!
       This product is going to be all inclusive. It will include a year's worth of writing and forms for documenting progress.  I am so excited to include self-assessment pages, that will allow students to put to words why certain pieces of writing have been chosen for their portfolio.  AGGGHHH!! I cannot put into words how thrilled I am that I finally have the time needed to put this together.  I hope that you will follow along as I journey to complete this product and share it with you.  What do you do for writing? How do you document writing progress for your students' teachers the following year?  What is your favorite way to display students' writing? Have a blessed week.

4 comments:

  1. Those boxes look so cute! I can't wait to see how they turn out! I have seen other teachers use them but have never myself! I bet your kids will love it!
    Carrie
    BuzzIntoKinder

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they love them. I have wanted to do this for so long, I hope it lives up to the dreams in my head!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm your newest follower! Linked up from TPT! Stop by anytime & say HI! wendy 1stgradefireworks@gmail.com
    1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found me Wendy. Hope that you enjoy following along on my journey. Can't wait to check out your blog.

      Delete