Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Kindness of a Stranger

I have so much enjoyed the beginning of this school year. My students are wonderful, and we are off to a great start. I spent some time this summer surfing the web and looking for ways to get great products for my classroom at reasonable prices. I stumbled across Donors Choose and took a leap. I wrote up and got funded a project that materials were just sent to us from. My students now have 5 brand new portable CD players for reading center. We also have 4 audio recorders for recording our student authored work and recording our favorite books onto audio. I AM SO EXCITED!!!, and I must say so are my kiddos.  My students are phenomanal.  They saw our new toys and were so exstatic. They asked me "how could we pay those people back?". Precious. 


Writing "Thank you" notes.
So happy to have new tools for reading.

  








I am so amazed with each new day I am blessed to work with these children. They are more than I could have ever asked for. So Blessed.


We also received an unexpected blessing just this week. Mrs. Thompson, a sweet lady who found me through DonorsChoose.org sent a gift package to my students. Their sweet faces were priceless.  We have already been blessed beyond measure this year. I cannot fathom what is to come with this phenomenal group of children.



Love my job!!!! So glad I have been called to be an educator and to impact the lives of children.

No comments:

Post a Comment